Note: This knowledgebase article is only relevant for customers who have a dedicated server or VPS account from http://www.dediboxes.co.uk
To increase the number of files that can be listed in a single folder/directory via FTP, you need to change a setting in the FTP server. If you are using the "pure-ftpd" FTP system, please follow these steps:
- Login to your server via SSH using the username "root"
nano -w /etc/pure-ftpd.conf (feel free to subsitute which ever text editor you prefer for nano)
- Find the LimitRecursion line (In Nano, press CTRL and W to open the search box and then type LimitRecursion and then press enter)
- Change the first digital (which is usually 2000) to a suitable figure for your usage. (In Nano, use the arrow keys to move around the file and then "Delete"/"Backspace" to remove the old setting and then just type the new value).
- Save the file and Exit (In Nano, press CTRL and X, you'll then have a prompt "Save modified buffer", press "Y" and then confirm the filename by pressing enter)
- Restart the pure-ftpd ftp server by the SSH command
/scripts/restartsrv_ftpserver or via the WHM control panel as "root"